Table of Contents
- Three Reasons to Amp Up Your YouTube Marketing Strategy From HubSpot
- YouTube Marketing Strategy Summary
- Your YouTube Marketing Strategy
YouTube is a monster. It storms through the internet landscape, spewing a never-ending, infinitely varied stream of content and crushing its competitors like Godzilla through Tokyo. (Go ahead, click it. You know you want to.) YouTube isn’t just the alpha video platform; it’s the only one you should even bother thinking about as part of your YouTube marketing strategy.
The only reason you shouldn’t be intimidated by its power is because, when it comes to digital marketing, YouTube really, really wants to be your friend. And trust us, you really, really want to make a friend of YouTube.
Three Reasons to Amp Up Your YouTube Marketing Strategy From HubSpot
- One-third of the world’s total time online is spent watching videos.
- YouTube has more than a billion active users.
- YouTube can be accessed in 76 languages by 95% of the world’s population.
To clarify, this means YouTube reaches more people between the ages of 18–49 years-old than broadcast or cable network television. On top of that, approximately 59% of executives prefer watching video to reading text.
And finally, the most important — and our favorite — YouTube statistic:
In case it wasn’t clear, two extremely important points to focus on revolve around the platforms use. First, we said “search engine,” not “video platform.” That means a whole lot of people use YouTube the way you might use Google, or … any of those other search engines that you don’t really need to think about; numbers 3 through whatever.
Second, and the point we get most excited about, is that YouTube, the No. 2 most-used search engine on the internet, is owned by the No. 1 most-used search engine and that’s (say it with us), Google.
Godzilla just went IMAX.
Here’s why that’s so exciting for us, and should be for you: All of the digital marketing tools and strategies that are available for you to use, that EIC built its business on, that were pretty much created to work better with Google than anywhere else, translate over exactly to YouTube marketing strategy. Analytics and reports, keywords and SEO — it’s all there.
Plus … video.
YouTube Marketing Strategy Summary
- The No. 1 search engine, Google, carries 94% of total organic search traffic. (Web Presence Solutions, 2017)
- The No. 2 search engine works like Google because it is Google.
- People would rather watch videos on the web than read.
- The No. 1 place for watching online videos is YouTube.
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Omnicore, 2018)
So what does that mean for your business? How you gonna ride Godzilla?
It’s easier than you think. And this is the place where you would expect us to say, ‘Call us and let’s talk about how to add to your YouTube marketing strategy.’ But we’re just going to tell you.
Your YouTube Marketing Strategy
- Create an FAQ video around a question your customers frequently ask. Chances are that’s a question lots of people are searching to find businesses like yours.
- Create a YouTube channel for your business using your FAQs video. (YouTube will tell you how.)
- When you write the descriptions for the video, include the question it answers and a very visible link to your site.
- Post it.
- Cue the Godzilla music.
Yes, it’s really that easy to create a searchable YouTube presence for your business. What comes next … what makes your business stand out on YouTube, what pushes your videos up the search rankings … those are things you might need us for. And we’re ready.
Time to saddle up Godzilla.