BajaRack was created as a rugged solution for the adventurer that likes to go beyond the trail. Our equipment gives you the ability to safely and in style transport your gear to its destination. Like many companies, BajaRack started with engineers that like the outdoors and the challenge of the many climates Baja offers. Tired of buying equipment that would break under Baja’s extraordinary conditions, we decided to build our own equipment that would withstand one of the most outrageous races in the world – the Baja 1000.
BajaRack had done very little paid media in the past. They tried a campaign here and there and boosted some posts. When ads were running, they saw ROI but it wasn’t consistent. They needed a creative strategy in advertising. One day would be a 3x ROAS (return on advertising spend) and another day would be -4x ROAS. More so, they didn’t have a way to see the results of their efforts other than what Facebook reported meaning they were losing visibility in how the ads impacted other channels.
- Trouble running ads on Google and Facebook
- Trouble tracking the performance of the ad campaigns
- Trouble attributing success
Knowing that the client had some good organic traffic, we decided to launch ads that were retargeting heavy. The strategy also included a bit of prospecting to generate awareness but we knew the opportunity was in those prospects who engaged but didn’t convert. We also wanted to give the “they are everywhere” feeling so we came up with a strategy that included Facebook, Google Shopping, Google display, and YouTube ads.
- Build out highly engaged audiences using the Facebook pixel and Google Analytics
- Optimize on a daily basis based on the data……move budget between platforms based on what’s generating ROI
- Build out tracking within Google Analytics to help see attribution
Within the first month, we were able to achieve a ROAS of 863%, or make $8.31 for every $1 spent. The goal of the campaign was to break even the first month but performance was much better than that. With the results, we are continuing to grow the marketing budget as ROAS holds strong.
- 8x ROAS
- 1.15% CTR, which is higher than the benchmark of .80%
- $56 customer acquisition cost for products with an average order value of $850